Compassionate and balanced, and focusing on the emotional health and well-being of children as well as that of the mothers who care for them, this book shows mothers and fathers how to give their children the best chance for developing into healthy and loving adults. Based on more than two decades of clinical work, established psychoanalytic theory, and the most current and cutting-edge neurobiological research on caregiving, attachment, and brain development, the book explains:
– How to establish emotional connection with a newborn or young child–regardless of whether you’re able to pause your career to stay home
– How to select and train quality childcare if necessary–and how to ease transitions and minimize stress for your baby or toddler
– What’s true and false about widely held beliefs like “Babies are resilient” and how to combat feelings of post-partum depression or boredom
– Why three months of maternity leave is not long enough–and how women and their partners can take control of their choices to provide for their family’s emotional needs in the first three years.
THE VOLK PACKAGING HEROES WALL is intended to honor all men and women who have served or currently serve our great country in the Armed Forces. Anyone can put their loved ones face and information on the Heroes Wall. ALL PROCEEDS from the VPC HEROES WALL will be given to the Biddeford/Saco/Old Orchard Beach VFW.
Here is how it works;
* There will be 2 sides to the wall, one side will be for 8.5″ x 11″ tiles and the other side will be for 5″ x 7″ tiles.
* The larger tiles are $150 and the smaller tiles are $100. A small portion goes to Get Etched to create the tile and the balance is given to the VFW.
* We will soon have a form on our website which will allow people to submit the information, attach a photo and pay for a tile.
* The tiles will be adhered to the wall when we have built up enough to do the project and the Maine weather is cooperative.
* Anyone, from anywhere, can put their loved one’s face and information on the wall. You do not have to be from Biddeford/Saco/OOB.
* The photo can be a current photo, a photo with the family, a photo during their time in the military, or whatever else the tile sponsor chooses.
* An exact date for the construction of the wall has yet to be determined.
Until we get the website updated with payment options, if you are interested in becoming a tile donor, or you know someone who might be interested, please contact Derek Volk at email@example.com or (207) 571-5511.
CORPORATE or PRIVATE WALL SPONSORS NEEDED!!
We are actively seeking corporate or private sponsors to help make this wall a reality. We are hoping, in time, to have multiple sections.
For $2,500 your company or family name can be the primary sponsor to one side of a section of wall. This sponsorship puts your company name, permanently, along the entire top of the wall.
For $500 your company or family name can be a sub-sponsor to one side of a section of wall. This sponsorship puts an 8.5″ x 11″ tile, permanently, along the top row of the wall.
The Last Punisher is a bold, no-holds-barred first-person account of the Iraq War. With wry humor and moving testimony, Kevin Lacz tells the story of his tour in Iraq with SEAL Team THREE, the warrior elite of the Navy. This legendary unit, known as “The Punishers,” included Chris Kyle (American Sniper), Mike Monsoor, Ryan Job, and Marc Lee. These brave men were instrumental in securing the key locations in the pivotal 2006 Battle of Ramadi, told with stunning detail in these pages.
Minute by minute, Lacz relays the edge-of-your-seat details of his team’s missions in Ramadi, offering a firsthand glimpse into the heated combat, extreme conditions, and harrowing experiences they faced every day. Through it all, Lacz and his teammates formed unbreakable bonds and never lost sight of the cause: protecting America with their fight.
The Last Punisher brings the reader into the life and mind of a SEAL, demonstrating the tough realities of war. At the same time, Lacz shares how these experiences made him a better man and how proud he is of his contributions to one of this country’s most difficult military campaigns. Lacz is now an in-demand public speaker testifying to the ability of a veteran to thrive at home. The book includes an afterword on the making of the hit film American Sniper.
The Last Punisher is the story of a SEAL who was never afraid to answer the call.
Peter Hayes currently a principal of Healthcare Solutions and formerly Director of Associate Health and Wellness at Hannaford Supermarkets has been in innovative, strategic benefit design for the past 20+ years. During the past several years Hannaford has received numerous national awards in recognition of the company‘s commitment to working collaboratively with healthcare providers and vendors in delivering health benefits that are focused on value (high quality efficient care). Hannaford Supermarkets has been successful in this arena by focusing on innovative solutions for patient advocacy, chronic disease management, and health promotion programs. Hannaford has been recognized for the past three years by receiving the National business Group on Health Platinum Award for the Health Promotion and Wellness programs. These programs along with heath care delivery strategies have contributed to a flat trend line over the past 5 years.
Peter has also been involved in health care reform leadership roles on both the national and regional levels with organizations like Center for Health Innovation, Care Focused Purchasing, Leapfrog, co-founder of the Maine Health Management Coalition, and been appointed by two different Maine Governors to serve on Health Care Reform Commissions to recommend public policies to improve the access and affordability of health care for Maine citizens.
William Benson moved to Gorham Maine in 2014 after serving 24 years in the United States Army. He retired from the Army as a Colonel and has over 42 months deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.
After moving to Maine Bill and his wife became business owners of a manufacturing company in the wood products industry- milling stair treads, hard wood flooring and custom house-trim packages. As a business owner Bill employs graduates of Gorham High School and has formed a deep commitment to ensuring high school students receive exposure to vocational and “trade” related education.
Bill is a fiscal conservative, a volunteer in the community and a strong believer in the importance of quality public education at a reasonable cost. Bill has been married to his wife Tara for 20+ years and has two children currently in the Gorham school system and one recent graduate.